If you face criminal charges in Florida, you need an experienced attorney
Being arrested and charged with a crime is serious, no matter what the offense. Citations that seem trivial or minor often have long-lasting ramifications. People who have been arrested before can face jail time, and those for whom it is a first offense find that the incident lingers on in background checks and employment applications.
Scott F. Kotler, P.A. provides criminal defense services to Miami and Broward Counties, as well as surrounding communities like Pinecrest and Kendall. My practice handles every type of charge. You can feel assured that you are protected by the highest level of legal service. I fight to make sure your case is resolved favorably.
A defense lawyer who knows the system
I work cases in an aggressive manner and I am straightforward with my clients and my opposition.
My practice stands out through my:
- History as a prosecutor – I worked for the state for years. I am familiar with the tactics and strategies that prosecutors use. I put this knowledge to use for my clients.
- Trial experience – Trials are a major event, and often determine the course of a defendant’s life. I have tried more than 125 jury trials. Do not rely on someone without trial experience.
- Personal attention to my clients – I make sure that all of my clients stay informed of every detail of their case so that they are never in the dark. I handle every matter personally.
I am the solo practitioner in my criminal defense law firm. I represent clients from Miami to Fort Lauderdale, Pinecrest to Kendall. Speak with me today to find out more about what the law practice of Scott F. Kotler can do for you.
A firm that can handle any charge, no matter how serious
I represent clients accused of any crime, regardless of whether it is a misdemeanor or a felony.
Areas in which my practice focuses include:
- Criminal Law – Representation can start the minute someone realizes they are being investigated by law enforcement. Immediate, early representation can sometimes even prevent an arrest.
- DUI Defense – A conviction for Driving Under the Influence of Drugs or Alcohol (DUI) involves a permanent record, fine, court costs, license suspension, community service hours, probation, DUI school, an ignition interlock, vehicle impoundment and possibly JAIL!!
- Drug Crimes – Marijuana, cocaine, heroin, oxycontin without a prescription, trafficking… all of these can land you in JAIL. Certain minimum mandatory jail sentences apply to some drug charges, as well as, possible license suspension for even a little marijuana possession!
- Domestic Violence – Huge ramifications including jail, barred from your own home, loss of right to possess a firearm, and restraining orders (can be forever!). Good representation is a must.
- Expungements and Sealing of records – Only one blemish affecting your ability to get a job, rent an apartment, or worse? You may be eligible to expunge or seal it and avoid those problems!
- Criminal Investigation
Contact me for free initial consultation about your criminal law case at my offices in Miami
I am an aggressive defense attorney who fights on behalf of my clients in Miami, Fort Lauderdale and the surroundings communities. Everyone has the right to a fair defense and a lawyer who can guide them through the criminal justice process. Contact my office at 305-804-2436 or online to schedule a free initial consultation and learn more.
Se habla Español.
We speak Russian, Ukrainian and Slovak.