More than 28 years of handling criminal cases in Florida
I have dedicated most of my 28-year career to aggressively fighting for clients when they are threatened with jail and other criminal penalties. I began my career as a prosecutor in 1987. I became a private attorney in 1991 and have been a managing partner or solo practitioner since 1992. I have seen every sort of issue, ranging from traffic tickets to DUI to drug trafficking and murder. I also represent people who have been notified that they are under investigation for any reason.
I worked as a prosecutor and have handled more than 125 jury trials over the years. Let my knowledge of the system work for you.
A defense attorney well known throughout Miami and Fort Lauderdale
I represent clients in federal and state criminal court. I also represent corporate entities for investigations, trials, appeals, and sentencing guidelines. I work with clients in post-conviction issues, tax matters, regulatory proceedings, and administrative & professional disciplinary proceedings as well. Speak with me today to learn more about how I can assist you with your case.
Contact my office today for free initial consultation about your legal issues
I work for clients in a wide range of proceedings and matters, with a special focus on criminal law in Miami-Dade and Broward Counties. Contact my firm at 305-461-3627 (305-804-2436 after hours) or online to schedule a free initial consultation about the services I can proved you. My office in conveniently located on Le Jeune Road in Coral Gables. Mass transit options are available. I can be reached 24 hours a day, seven days a week, for emergencies (305-804-2436). We take credit cards and can make payment plans. Se habla Español. We speak Russian, Ukrainian and Slovak.
- DUI defense
- Domestic violence
- Criminal trials
- Tax Proceedings
- Drug Crimes
- Murder, robbery, assault and battery
- Criminal Appeals
- Regulatory proceedings
- Administrative and professional disciplinary proceedings
SCOTT F. KOTLER, P.A., Coral Gables, Florida
- 2011- Present
- President and Sole Operator of Boutique Criminal Defense Practice
- With 28 years of legal experience, I have decided to focus on quality client relations with aggressive criminal defense to protect the rights of my clients. I feel this can best be done in a small law practice environment where I solely tend to the needs and representation of my clients.
TUCKER & KOTLER, P.A., Coral Gables, Florida
- 1994 – 2011
- Founding and Managing Partner
- The firm’s practice includes; the trial of criminal cases in State and Federal Courts; investigations, grand jury and post-conviction matters. The Firm also handles forfeiture and limited civil litigation matters.
SAUL and KOTLER, P.A., Miami, Florida
- 1992 – 1994
- The firm’s practice included a large volume criminal defense practice, concentrated in State court, investigations, Bond hearings, Motions to Suppress Evidence, bench and jury trials. The firm handled cases ranging from D.U.I. to murder.
LEVINE & GEIGER, P.A., Miami, Florida
- Civil practice, involved handling most matters encompassed in civil court; concentrating in insurance law and complex civil litigation.
STATE ATTORNEY’S OFFICE for the Eleventh Judicial Circuit, Miami, Florida
- 1987 – 1991
- Assistant State Attorney
Hand picked as one of the 33 new Assistant State Attorneys in August of 1987 among over 1,000 applications. Investigations, charging decisions, motions, litigation and trials on behalf of the State of Florida for Miami-Dade County. Cases handled ranged from D.U.I. to murder in one of the busiest prosecuting offices in the country.
- Admitted to Florida Bar, 1987
- Admitted to Washington, D.C. Bar, 1990
- Admitted to the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Florida, 1989
- Admitted to the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 11th Judicial Circuit, 1992
- Delaware Law School of Widener University
- Juris Doctor, 1987
- Top 1/3 of Graduating Class
- Contributing writer, Delaware Law Forum
- University of Miami
- Bachelors in Business Administration, 1984
- Concentration in Finance, Accounting, and Marketing
- Training of prosecutors, Miami Dade County State Attorney’s Office, 1987-1991
- Board of Directors, Lawyers to the Rescue, a non-profit which conducts a pro bono legal clinic at the Camillus house homeless shelter. See our website at http://www.lawyerstotherescue.com/
- Moot Court Coach, University of Miami
- NACDL (“National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers”
- Dade County Bar Association
- Florida Bar Unauthorized Practice of Law Committee, 1996-1999
- American Bar Association
- Florida Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers